I like going out to San Luis Forebay

Anyone been out there???

Any hints of catching a good one from the shore???

Any other places near the Bay Area fror good striper fishing ???

Shoot ! ! I just love to fish ! ! !

Posted Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:39 pm

Hi Sparky77

I am new to this site, I was there with one of my friend on the beginning of March. But now I am travelling oversea, Here's the pictures of the striper and a catfish that we caught.

I can't get the picture of the Catfish upload.

Posted Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:51 am

That is a breautiful striper my Friend and congratulations

Where did you catch him and what did you catch him on???

Me and a group of us will be back at the San Luis Forbay in May and see if we can snag us one of those as well

Thanks for the reply

Sparky

Posted Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:57 am

Hi Sparky

It was at Forebay, Check #12 and using live mud sucker. Best time there is from Sept to March depends on the shad run.
Well, May might not be the best time fishing there. Maybe you can try early in the morning while the dam is open. If the dam is not open you might as well pack and go.
Do you have a boat? If you do, on May ...might be better off trolling at the main lake along the trash rack using broken back rebel in yellow or orange color and trailer it with a 6in (dark color) rubber worm.
Too bad I am out of country travelling in Vietnam or else I will join you. Good luck and save me a couple will you. Hehehe!

George

Posted Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:12 am

Thank you for the reply and the great advice

Let me know when you get back and we'll go fishing out there or for that matter anywhere

I hope all is well for you in Viet Nam and you get back safely

Sparky

Posted Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:14 am

San Luis Forebay is a few hours away from where I live. I'm planning on having a fishing trip this weekend with a buddy of mine. Do you guys happen to have any tips on what lures? I'm planning to write an article on my blog fish3r.com

Posted Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:29 am

CA Fish Finder

Social Links