Hi all, first post on this site. Smile

I’m looking for a recommendation of a good round baitcaster reel that I can use for rockfish and lingcod inshore fishing but also for bass fishing and use around SF bay both shore and boat fishing for stripers and halibut. Maybe I’m expecting too much? I got a nice Daiwa Saltist 4000 spinning reel with an 8’ Mojosurf rod for my surfcasting and such and it works well for some of that other fishing too but I want to have a nice baitcaster reel setup too especially for the lingcod/rock fish. Not sure how often I’ll go for those but want to have one ready when I’m invited out so it would be great to use for some of my other fishing too. Oh, and I’d like it to have a bait clicker too. I’m think an Abu Garcia Ambassadeur C3 6500 as it seems to fit the bill but also want some other suggestions too please. Rod suggestions to go with it welcomed too. Thanks much.

Oh, and budget-wise for the reel: $130-225 or so, cheaper if there’s a good candidate (not sure anything cheaper would have a bait clicker though), prefer not to go any higher.

Posted Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:36 pm

CA Fish Finder

Social Links